Wednesday 2 March 2016

Lecture #1 (740)

Today was our first lecture as part of the MDTA programme and I am feeling inspired!
I thought it would take me a long time to get back into the swing of learning 'lecture style' after not having been in lectures since October, but no way! 

First Rebecca talked us through the purpose of our paper (EDCURRIC740) and we discussed accelerating learning; the teachers role, the students role, 'the black box', effective teaching and critical thinking. These all related to our paper 740 but also our daily classroom teaching.

Next Nina Hood got us to do a good ole' pen and paper survey. When I do these, I tend to go with my first thought and not over-analyse the statements or why I am choosing what Im choosing. 
Here is mine -

Click here for some of the discussion points for each one.

If you made it till the end, congratulations! I hope you were inspired as I was to use technology in its best way, selecting the best tools for each purpose, and to not forget some students are going to prefer to keep the ole' pen and paper, and thats okay too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me feedback!