What is CoL?
What is a CoL leader?CoL leaders are people within and across schools who, with the support from their principals and BOTs, do in-depth inquiries into a particular area of their own practice. Manaiakalani has 6 CoL goals and 23 CoL leaders. Details about these goals and the leaders can be found here. The other aspect of the CoL leader is to feed back to their school information from the cluster and be a sort of go-to person within their school for support and help.
Why are we here? What is our purpose?
so that students learn in better and more powerful ways.."
Essentially - we are here make learning better for students through professional high level inquiries.
To help them help us, we need to:
- Address an important, persistent learning challenge (from the Manaiakalani six
- Build your own knowledge around this challenge.
- Identify clear, research informed changes to practice likely to address the challeng
- Collect detailed evidence about changes to the teaching
- Collect detailed evidence about how students engaged with the changed teachin
- Gather data about effects on student learning