Tuesday 26 January 2016

Taking care of yourself


As today one of the only days I have where there is no meeting, training, orientation, classroom set up etc, I thought I would take advantage of that, and the good weather, and get outdoors.
One piece of advice given to the MDTA students in our orientation last week was to keep fit, and keep up your hobbies. This sounds obvious, a sort of 'be who you are' vague encouragement. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized how important it actually is. We are going to be so tired all the time, always having either classwork or university work to do, that we might just forget to prioritize ourselves.

Soo... I recreated a portion of our hike around the community last week and walked from my house, up, around, down Mt Wellington, and home again. Tell you what, I was sweeeatty.



Some more footage of my little walk as well as a sneak preview of my PRT card I finally received yesterday. Things are getting serious!





I had a great morning taking some time out for myself, lets hope I keep it up as things get busier!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me feedback!