Thursday 7 April 2016

Implementing feedback!


One of the things I had to work on from my maths observation yesterday was talking about the problem more, and breaking down the question. 
Today I talked to the students about how I didn't do that part of our lesson, and if it affected their learning or not. 
They said it did, and that if I had explained it, they would have had a better understanding of what to do.
So today I made sure to break down the problem... 


We highlighted, drew circles and wrote on the board to pull apart the actual question, which parts are just information or context, and which were the important pieces of information. 


We then talked about what we knew already that could help us, and what things we had to do before we could get to the problem.

It was a wonderful learning opportunity for Room 6 to be able to talk about the teachers mistakes and how we can help the teacher learn from their mistakes. It reinforces that I am part of our team, I am a learner too and that we can ALL learn from our mistakes, even me. 

1 comment:

  1. I love the fact that you talk to your students like this Ashley! It sounds like you have built up great relationships with your learners! I have also been observed by Sue - it is quite scary being observed when doing something in a new way, but I think it will be really helpful to our practice. It is fab to see that you responded to the feedback straight away :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me feedback!