Monday 30 January 2017

Before school starts... (2017)

For the past week I have been setting up my very own class!
Yes, I am a second year teacher, but last year I was co-teaching with my mentor. At the beginning of last year, I was just fitting into her class. I didn't have any 'stuff' to bring with me and put into the class, nor did I have any preference for furniture arrangement, wall displays etc, I just turned up and everything was already there. So this year, I am setting up my own class on my own for the first time. It is vastly different than last year. Although I did make 'stuff' last year (e.g. wall displays), I left these behind in my old class and made my own newer versions. I wanted a fresh start. I have stuff (boxes, furniture, stuff to put on the walls, etc), I have some idea about where I want things (and why I want it like that) based on my experience from last year. 

The before photos...


The after photos...







I'm very proud of how my class has come together, and excited for what the term will bring. 
I have also already started working on some of my goals for this year, including being more assertive and doing things in the way I want to do them. Ottilie and I are going to be so great together and the kids are going to learn a lot, and have a lot of fun!

2 comments:

  1. Well done Ash! You are going to be amazing in your OWN class. Bob is going to fly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me feedback!