not what rules did you break?
instead ask what happened?
not who caused this?
instead ask who has been affected by it?
not what is the punishment?
instead ask how can we make it right?
not take a privilege away from them
instead provide a way for the child to make amends, including making themselves feel better.
- explain impact of behaviour
- step back/detach/don't react based on your own emotions
-acknowledge our mistakes
-asking for support (teachers/SLT)
- being observed on our restorative practice
- handling issues on my own
- relationships with students repaired (Absolam, 2015)