Monday 6 March 2017

Interlead - PD (TOD)

Today we have a teacher only day at school and we are learning about a programme called Interlead, which we will be using for our appraisal process throughout the school.

pedagogy
peda=child, gogy=lead

andragogy
The method and practice of teaching adult learners; adult education.


Teaching children is not the same as teaching adults. Appraisal has become a thing that is 'done to' teachers, where they are tested and treated like children. Interlead fosters a 'done with', high trust model by using the andragogy thinking model.



Bring a learning mindset!


Next we were asked to reflect on the appraisals we have been a part of. As this is my first teaching job, I only have one set of appraisals to draw from (i.e. from last year). This then made me reflect on my previous job, and the appraisals that happened there. As I wasn't very high up on the ladder, I didn't have a formal appraisal. What I did have, in hindsight, was even better. My immediate boss always aware of what I was doing and my capabilities, but when he felt I was ready he always offered me new challenges and new ways to take on small responsibilities. This along-side guidance is far better in my opinion than a once-a-year check-in where the manager is still in the position of power, essentially handing out judgements. 
Image result for michael fullan professional capital

Teaching practice  professional practice

 Michael Fullan, the worlds leading education thinker, encourages that educators need to be constantly changing to be good educators.

HC = human capital.
SC = social capital - challenging and supportive each other to be better. 
DC =  Decision-making Capital.

PC = f(HC, SC, DC)
PC = HCxSCxDC
E.g. PC = 1x1x0   is still 0
If you have two, but not the third, you have no PC. You must have all three.



The PTC's are not a check-list, they should be used to back-map what you are already doing. PTC/Evidence should not be an extra thing.


Reflection on the day - 
I loved talking about learning theory and research this morning, and how Tony tried to get us to change our mindset towards appraisal. 
The system itself is well-designed, however I do feel that I will be doubling up a little bit because I currently document in this way on my blog already. I will end up copying from my blog and pasting it into InterLEAD.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me feedback!