Friday 25 May 2018

CoL update (Term 2, Week 4)

Ryan - managing self

This week Ryan has a few incidents where something negative happened between himself and some classmates. The first time it happened, I wasn't quite sure wether to believe it or not. The second time, I did. Him and I talked about it, and as much as I can understand where he was coming from, the behaviour he did is not tolerable. I explicitly told him he is not allowed to do that, and after that he stopped. I hope not to see it again in the future. 
We are having an IEP meeting and getting more involved with RTLB support so I am optimistic for Ryan's near future. He has another strategy about to be implemented which I think will make a HUGE difference for his learning. 

Kian  - managing self
At first Kian didn't want to sign up for rugby, as he understands that is a big commitment. He has been in school teams before. However he lost that privilege when his behaviour was not up to scratch. He has mentioned to me a few times throughout the term that he wants to be in sports again and he even wants a job (so he can go to Rainbows End at the end of the year). I have explained to him that when he shows he is ready, I would give him the chance. He understands this. I look forward to seeing how long he can stay focused on this goal he has set for himself. 

Paul - relating to others/participating and contributing.
 Paul has been actively participating in group work throughout the week. Sometimes he doesn't have enough deep understanding about the topic to be able to share something meaty and insightful, but he shares what he can and that is accepted by his friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me feedback!